Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2020

Writing Homework

Some of us have homework tonight to finish the story we started about our families several weeks ago.  In this piece of writing we are working on organizing paragraphs and including interesting details.  The hope is that we can eliminate robot writing (My mom likes...  My mom likes... My mom likes...) and create a picture for our readers using detail.  My mom likes to cook.  Once she made curry and rice for all of us.  Please check with your little author and see if they have a story in their backpack or if they delivered it to my desk this morning.

The division symbol was introduced this morning and we talked about the total number appearing first followed by the number of people sharing (in this case cookies) and finally how many they each will get at the end.  We made the connection between division and subtraction!  Yay for us!!

Read 20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment