Translate

Thursday, January 9, 2020

Classroom Games

I use a wide variety of games in my classroom as an instructional tool.  I think they are a very valuable tool.  As a family we have always played games and my children would ask, "When can we play games again?"  Not, 'Why do we have to play games?"  This afternoon I introduced a new board game that we played at home over the holidays, Rat-a-Tat-Roll.  It is the new sibling to Rat-A-Tat-Cat that we have played all year long.  This new version still requires players to take turns, use logical thinking, add, and strategize but in a new way.  Games get little learners to take an active role in their own learning.  Just adding the dots of the dice together to know how many spaces to move is part of our math (adding numbers) and working towards a goal of having the lowest score is higher thinking.  I think the game was a hit - ask your little learner if they enjoyed the game.

Read 20/10

No comments:

Post a Comment