Translate

Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Dear Mom and Dad,

When was the last time you sat down to read for the pure fun of it?
I don't mean to read this blog😉 or the school newsletter or the manual for the new fridge.
One of the best things you can do is model the joy of reading.  I understand you are busy.  There are many things to accomplish in a day.  But consider making the time to sit down and open up a good book.  This is the best thing you can do for your child.  Honest. Let your children see the process of you enjoying a story.  It doesn't require any money since our public library is free in Calgary and you can sit side by side with your child.  On the couch.  With a hot chocolate.  Maybe a potato chip or two.  The CPL book truck was here today and we went out to have a tour through it.  They had many great titles on board.  Get a public library card and send it to school every other Tuesday and then read.  My daughter and I have a date for over the holidays at our new downtown library.  We plan on spending the afternoon checking it out once the crowds have died down a bit and I can't wait.  Lots of great books and time with my child.  Win.  Win.

Read 20/10

Children who did not complete their homework last night spent their recess with me this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment